Nilcra® Zirconia is a range of 'transformation toughened' ceramics that are inert to most chemicals, have exceptional strength, have high toughness and reliability which together result in outstanding resistance to wear and corrosion.
Nilcra® Zirconia’s are frequently used to replace conventional metal alloys, hardened steels and tungsten carbides that suffer from wear and corrosion.
Nilcra® Zirconia’s are used in a wide variety of industries experiencing high maintenance costs, high downtime costs and poor product quality from lack of process control.
Industries as diverse as oil and gas, mining, food and battery production have enjoyed the benefits of long life, high production rates and low maintenance.
Read about our full range of Zirconia ceramic components.
Our grades of Nilcra® Zirconia include:
Magnesia - Partially Stabilised Zirconia (Mg-PSZ) – Highest toughness grades:
These are the most reliable grades of ceramic in the world (Weibull modulus of >30) thereby providing peace of mind that Mg-PSZ components will perform the same every time and allowing engineers to utilise with confidence a much higher percentage of the published material strength compared to that of brittle ceramics.
- Nilcra® Zirconia MS – 'Maximum Strength' grade ideal for wear and corrosion solutions and used extensively in materials handling industries.
- Nilcra® Zirconia TS – 'Thermal Shock' grade provides high resistance to thermal shock and is used in non-ferrous metal extrusion applications.
Yttria - Tetragonal Zirconia Polycrystal (Y-TZP) - Highest strength and hardness grades with a finer grain structure:
- Nilcra® Zirconia 3Y-TZP – A fine grain grade frequently used in the Petrochemical Industry and for applications required to maintain a sharp edge.
- Nilcra® Zirconia HIP’ed 3Y-TZP – An ultrahigh density grade used widely in the manufacture of food and beverage cans.
Learn about our Zirconia solutions:
- Oil and gas products
- Zirconia frac plug buttons
- Hard wearing valve trim (the benefits)
- Food processing and canneries
- Copper and bass extrusion dies
- Zirconia ceramic cutting blades
- Battery tooling
- Zirconia ceramic hanger bearings
- Z Max severe service butterfly valve
- HF tube welding rolls
- Hard wearing Zirconia in pumps
For more information on our Nilcra® Zirconia range of materials, see the datasheets to the right hand side or contact us today, or view our dedicated Zirconia ceramic components section.