Oil and Gas Products
Oil and gas providers are faced with increasing challenges for resilient, wear resistant materials and solutions to manage projects within harsh environments. Customers within these industries are looking for greater durability and more robust options to replace traditional materials.
Morgan Advanced Materials offers a range of zirconia and silicon nitride (Si3N4) materials that provide excellent wear, corrosion and thermal resistant characteristics enabling them to survive the most arduous environments.
Our Nilcra® range of zirconia provides:
- High mechanical strength and fracture toughness
- Chemical wear resistance to the vast majority of reagents and abrasive slurries
- Corrosion and abrasion wear resistance
- Excellent resistance to cavitation – the killer of process control valves
For more information on our grades of zirconia, see our dedicated zirconia materials page.
Our Nilcra® engineering SSN range of silicon nitride provides:
- High Strength at ambient & high temperatures up to 1000˚C
- Excellent fracture toughness
- Extremely high hardness & wear resistance
- Low coefficient of thermal expansion
- Very high thermal shock resistance
- Excellent corrosion resistance in acids and alkaline
We offer products made from other silicon nitride grades -view our dedicated web page to find out more.
Our materials are found in products that are evident in a wide range of applications including:
- Directional Drilling / Logging Tool Components, (Gap Rings, Sleeves, Bearings & Poppet Valves)
- Corrosion & Erosion Resistant Ball & Globe Valves
- Artificial Lift Components, (Sleeves and Seats)
- Control Valves, (Plugs, Seats and Cages)
- Ceramic Pump Plungers
- Chemical Injection & Dosing/Metering Pumps & Valves
- Wear Resistant Ceramic Liners, Spigots & Sleeves
- Pipeline inspection, (Ceramic Sledges)
We work in partnership with our customers providing the most cost effective solution based on material design and development. Our specialist guidance and expertise produces the most demanding geometries and tolerances starting from the concept stage to prototype and onto final production.
To find out more about how we can integrate our Nilcra® Zirconia and Nilcra® engineering SSN ceramic materials into your next project, contact us today.