We offer a range of mullite materials marketed under the Pythagoras® name for our Haldenwanger® range of products.
Our Pythagoras® material is the most economical mullite material for kiln components. This material has good thermal shock resistance and good mechanical strength for kilns working under normal conditions up to 1400°C. It features very good chemical resistance against gases free of fluorine and is very economical as it is used as impervious protection sheaths and insulators for temperature measurement.
Pythagoras® 1800 Z
An impervious, mullite high performance material.
- Refractoriness up to 1600°C
- Very high thermal shock resistance
- High mechanical strength
- High electrical insulation even at high temperatures
- Evaporation extremely low, therefore no contamination of kiln atmosphere; no reaction with heating element
- Most suitable material for radiant heating tubes
- Kiln tubes made of Pythagoras® 1800 Z can be very thin-walled
The most economical, mullite material for kiln components.
- Type 610 according to DIN EN 60672
- Application temperatures up to 1400°C
- Very good chemical resistance against gases free of fluorine
- For kiln working under normal conditions Pythagoras® has a good thermal shock resistance and good mechanical strength
- Pythagoras® is a very economical material being used as impervious protection sheaths and insulators for temperature measurement