Macor Machinable Glass Ceramic
MACOR® machineable glass ceramic has a continuous use temperature of 800ºC and a peak temperature of 1000ºC. Its coefficient of thermal expansion readily matches most metals and sealing glasses. MACOR® is non-wetting, exhibits zero porosity, and unlike ductile materials, won't deform. It is an excellent insulator at high voltages, various frequencies and high temperatures. When properly baked out, it won't outgas in vacuum environments.
It can be machined into complicated shapes and precision parts with ordinary metal working tools, quickly and inexpensively, and it requires no post firing after machining. That means no frustrating delays, no expensive hardware, no post fabrication shrinkage, and no costly diamond tools to meet specifications.
The Technical Ceramics business of Morgan Advanced Materials is an approved distributor of Corning MACOR ® through our facility in Fairfield NJ USA.
MACOR characteristics include:
- Zero porosity and non-shrinking
- High dielectric strength
- Electrical resistivity
- Withstands high temperatures up to 1000ºC
- Tight tolerance capability
- Easily and economically machined into complex shapes and precision parts
MACOR applications include:
- MACOR Feedthroughs
- Hermetic Seals
- Insulators and supports for Vacuum Environment feed-throughs
- Spacers, headers and windows for microwave tube devices
- Sample holders for microscopes
- Aerospace Components
- Welding Nozzles
- Medical Equipment
To find out more about our MACOR product range, or to place an order, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.