We offer a range of mullite materials marketed under the Pythagoras name for our Haldenwanger range of products.
Our Pythagoras material is the most economical mullite material for kiln components. This material has good thermal shock resistance and good mechanical strength for kilns working under normal conditions up to 1400°C. It features very good chemical resistance against gases free of fluorine and is very economical as it is used as impervious protection sheaths and insulators for temperature measurement.
Pythagoras 1800 Z
Pythagoras 1800 Z is an impervious, mullite high performance material.
- Refractoriness up to 1600°C
- Very high thermal shock resistance
- High mechanical strength
- High electrical insulation even at high temperatures
- Evaporation extremely low, therefore no contamination of kiln atmosphere; no reaction with heating element
- Most suitable material for radiant heating tubes
- Kiln tubes made of Pythagoras 1800 Z can be very thin-walled
The most economical, mullite material for kiln components.
- Type 610 according to DIN EN 60672
- Application temperatures up to 1400°C
- Very good chemical resistance against gases free of fluorine
- For kiln working under normal conditions Pythagoras has a good thermal shock resistance and good mechanical strength
- Pythagoras is a very economical material being used as impervious protection sheaths and insulators for temperature measurement
If you are interested in our Pythagoras material for your product, contact one of our sales engineers today for more information.