MACOR machineable glass ceramic provides numerous benefits across a range of different industries and markets. The advantages of Macor include:
- MACOR can be machined with ordinary metal working tools
- No need for post firing – meaning fast turnaround
- Tight tolerances – up to .0005”
- Continued use at 800°C and a peak temperature of 1000°C
- No outgasing and zero porosity makes Macor clean
- Reduced time between design and eventual use reduces costs
MACOR machineable glass ceramic offers a cost effective ceramic solution for myriad applications. If you require a high performance technical ceramic that is capable in high temperatures, features electrical resistivity and zero porosity, MACOR is an appropriate solution.
The easy working of MACOR machineable glass ceramic into complicated shapes with extremely tight tolerances means that it can be adapted to a wide variety of applications, in a short space of time. Rapidity of fabrication is further ensured with the removal of a post firing requirement.
The effect of this fast fabrication is a technical ceramic solution that performs excellently in challenging environments and can lead to considerable cost reduction for the manufacture of final products.
Typical MACOR characteristics include:
- Zero porosity and non-shrinking
- High dielectric strength
- Electrical resistivity
- Withstands high temperatures up to 1000ºC
- Tight tolerance capability
- Easily and economically machined into complex shapes and precision parts
Fast, Easy Ordering
Order standard size MACOR machineable glass ceramic easily with our simple and fast online ordering system. We have a variety of MACOR bar, sheet and rod forms in standard dimensions for ultimate convenience, allowing you to source cost effective materials for your machining processes.
For more information on the benefits of MACOR contact us today.