MACOR® machinable glass ceramic provides numerous benefits across a range of different industries and markets. The advantages of MACOR® include:
- MACOR® can be machined with ordinary metal working tools
- No need for post firing – meaning fast turnaround
- Tight tolerances – up to .0005”
- Continued use at 800°C and a peak temperature of 1000°C
- No outgasing and zero porosity makes MACOR® clean
- Reduced time between design and eventual use reduces costs
MACOR® machinable glass ceramic offers a cost effective ceramic solution for myriad applications. If you require a high performance technical ceramic that is capable in high temperatures, features electrical resistivity and zero porosity, MACOR® is an appropriate solution.
The easy working of MACOR® machinable glass ceramic into complicated shapes with extremely tight tolerances means that it can be adapted to a wide variety of applications, in a short space of time. Rapidity of fabrication is further ensured with the removal of a post firing requirement.
The effect of this fast fabrication is a technical ceramic solution that performs excellently in challenging environments and can lead to considerable cost reduction for the manufacture of final products.
Typical MACOR® characteristics include:
- Zero porosity and non-shrinking
- High dielectric strength
- Electrical resistivity
- Withstands high temperatures up to 1000ºC
- Tight tolerance capability
- Easily and economically machined into complex shapes and precision parts
To find out more about our MACOR® product range, or to place an order, please contact us.