The Technical Ceramics business of Morgan Advanced Materials has the capability to metallize and braze alumina ceramics from below 1mm to 400mm.
Ceramic to metal brazed assemblies are manufactured providing high mechanical strength and good high voltage electrical insulation. Our brazed assemblies are hermetic, able to maintain ultra high levels of vacuum and joint integrity that is maintained at elevated temperatures in harsh environments.
Materials used in brazed assemblies include:
- Alumina materials – Deranox™ 970, Sintox™ FF and Deranox™ 995
- Conventional brazing materials or active braze alloys (ABA)aero
- Metals - OFHC Copper, Stainless Steels, mild Steels, Monel, Nickel and Titanium
- Glazes for protection or to facilitate cleaning
Typical applications include:
- Mass spectrometry
- Gas detectors
- Microscopes (TEM, SEM)
- Particle accelerators
- Nuclear detectors
- High voltage feedthrough for X-Ray equipment, scanners and imaging applications for medical
- Sensors, satellite propulsion and engine management for aerospace,
- Optoelectronics and power tubes
- Gas lasers
- Deep sea repeaters
- Rechargeable batteries for energy storage
Ceramics and brazed assemblies are increasingly used in aero engines as a result of tighter regulation in terms of engine efficiency and gas emissions. Engines have to operate at higher temperatures where conventional materials are not suitable and therefore ceramics are increasingly becoming a material of choice.
In the medical market we have been designing and manufacturing high voltage feedthroughs for diagnostic equipment for. These brazed assemblies are manufactured using high purity alumina and supplied to a high level of cleanliness.
For more information on how we can work with you on a brazed assembly for your application, contact us today.