The Technical Ceramics business of Morgan Advanced Materials has the capability to metallize and braze alumina ceramics from below 1mm to 400mm.
Ceramic to metal brazed assemblies are manufactured providing high mechanical strength and good high voltage electrical insulation. Our brazed assemblies are hermetic, able to maintain ultra high levels of vacuum and joint integrity that is maintained at elevated temperatures in harsh environments.
Materials used in brazed assemblies include:
- Alumina materials – Deranox™ 970, Sintox™ FF and Deranox™ 995
- Conventional brazing materials or active braze alloys (ABA)aero
- Metals - OFHC Copper, Stainless Steels, mild Steels, Monel, Nickel and Titanium
- Glazes for protection or to facilitate cleaning
Typical applications include:
- Mass spectrometry
- Gas detectors
- Microscopes (TEM, SEM)
- Particle accelerators
- Nuclear detectors
- High voltage feedthrough for X-Ray equipment, scanners and imaging applications for medical
- Sensors, satellite propulsion and engine management for aerospace,
- Optoelectronics and power tubes
- Gas lasers
- Deep sea repeaters
- Rechargeable batteries for energy storage
Thermal Cycling Capabilities
Our environmental testing equipment adds to our product development and testing capability, automating the process of thermal cycling to prove the durability of brazed joints in our assemblies.
We offer controlled thermal fatigue cycling between -80°C to 220°C for hermetic ceramic-to-metal assemblies and feedthroughs. This enables us to carry out customer-specific thermal cycle testing in-house to demonstrate design durability.
We can also offer the facility for sample testing of production batches to provide additional verification of the joint robustness. This powerful tool allows us to demonstrate the joint design and brazing processes to customers for the range of applications shown above.
This equipment complements our existing testing capability, which includes NDT, electrical testing, mechanical testing, XRF and vacuum leak testing with Helium.
For more information on our brazed assemblies or how our processes can help with your application, contact us to speak to one of our sales engineers.