Single Sensor Feedthroughs / Connectors
The Technical Ceramics business of Morgan Advanced Materials manufacture ceramic to metal single pin feedthroughs and connectors designed for high performance and reliability operating in harsh and ever increasingly demanding environments.
Our design and applications Engineers will work with you to design an optimised solution to meet your requirements.
Typical product applications:
- Laser Technology – discharge, ionisation and water cooled feedthroughs for gas lasers
- Medical – anode & cathode connectors for X-ray, sensors and diagnostic equipment
- Aerospace – igniters, pressure, speed, temperature sensors.
- Scientific & analytical equipment – ion gun connectors, seal assemblies, filament supports, pin base assemblies
- Sub-sea -& oil exploration – connectors & perforators
- Semi-conductor – ion implantation, UHV connectors
- Industrial igniters
Benefits of our Ceramic-to-Metal Feedthroughs:
- Proven reliability and performance
- Excellent insulation - dielectric strength >30kV / mm
- Signal voltage for instrumentation
- High voltage >100kV DC design dependant.
- High current 50Amp
- Operate in Ultra High Vacuum (UHV) environment
- Hermetic - vacuum leak testing to 1x10-10 mbar l/s He
- High mechanical strength pressures <1,700 bar (25,000 psi)
- Operating temperatures ranging from cryogenic -250oC to + 450oC
- Chemically resistant to corrosive and caustic environments including at elevated temperatures
- Insulators from Morgan proven range of high purity alumina oxide ceramics 95% - 99.9% Al2O2
- Metal Materials: Kovar; OFHC copper; stainless steel; mild steel; nickel; nickel alloys; titanium
- MoMn conventional Brazing & Active Alloy Braze (ABA) capability
- Morgan Wesgo™ Braze Alloys
- High temperature glaze finish for added environmental protection & wipe clean
- Range of plating available including tin; copper; nickel; gold
- Supplied welded or ready to weld, to standard or custom designed flanges and mountings. TIG; laser weld
- Custom designs to suit your application
- Single-pin, multi-pin, thermocouple & high voltage feedthroughs
Morgan offers a range of standard single-pin feedthroughs and connectors which can be seen in the drawings below:
We work in partnership with our customers from design through to end production to ensure a fully optimised product is manufactured to your exact specifications.