We offer a range of high performance materials formulated specifically for the CIM process. The materials have been designed in line with our customers' requirements to give optimal characteristics in challenging appplications.
Medical Grade Zirconia
Complies with ISO 13356 "Implants for Surgery using Non-Metallic Materials"
A very high purity zirconia-based material, partially stabilised with yttria. Contains 99.9 % ZrO2, Y2O3 and HfO2 in combination.
- Clinical use since 1990
- Very high mechanical strength
- Very dense and non-porous
- Excellent corrosion resistance
- Can also be used for metallised applications
- Ultra fine grain
- Excellent wear resistance
- High impact resistance and toughness.
For more information on Zirconia, click here for our dedicated materials page.
Hilox 998 (99.6% Alumina)
A 99.6% purity, fully dense alumina typically used in ceramic injection moulding and extrusion forming for applications requiring good electrical properties and resistance to thermal and chemical fatigue
- Non-porous and vacuum tight
- High volume resistivity
- Good thermal conductivity
- Resistant to chemical attack
For more information on Alumina 998, click here for our dedicated materials page.
Reaction Bonded Silicon Nitride (RBSN)
Reaction Bonded Silicon Nitride (RBSN) (Si3N4) is a relatively new member of the ceramics family, being developed in the 1960s. It is used in many varied applications, but it lends itself particularly to applications where high temperatures are involved. This is not limited to continuous temperatures, as with many ceramics because of Si3N4's exceptional thermal shock resistance, it is also widely used in cyclic thermal applications.
- Porous, low density material.
- Exceptional resistance to thermal downshock.
- Excellent resistance to wetting and attack by molten non-ferrous alloys containing aluminum, magnesium, copper, zinc and lead.
- Low thermal conductivity.
- Good electrical resistance
For more information on Silicon Ntride, click here for our dedicated materials page.
If you would like to know which material is most suitable for your application to be ceramic injection moulded, contact us today.